Sunday, August 31, 2008


Tania

I came to photograph at this house because I was told it was a typical Tico-style house. Upon arrival however, I was consumed by a frenzy of activity - I was surrounded by 3 young kids who were intrigued by my camera, plus adults who were talking to my sister, and other older kids who were headed off to the surf, with surfboards under their arms. So instead of focusing quite so much on the house itself, I ended up concentrating on the 3 young kids who had stuck around - Dominic, Leo, and Tania. I particularly like this photograph of Tania sitting on her front stoop. The muted color palette appeals to me, as well as her serious expression. She looks so feminine and delicate dressed in pink, just the opposite of the rough wooden and cool stone environment that surrounds her.


No comments: