Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Photo of Jesse

I took this photo a couple of weeks ago when Jesse and I were making dinner. The light coming in through the lacy curtains made it impossible for me to let this moment slip away.


I ended up using two separate images to build a composite here, although you can't really tell. In one image Jesse had a great expression on his face, but I didn't like the body language nor the way I had cropped his hands. So I found another frame that had a simpler posture and combined the two. I'm pretty happy with the results. I love the way Photoshop allows photographers to layer and build images, working in a way that is much more like a painter, rather than the traditional "straight" photographer.

I think this image of Jesse would look great juxtaposed with the one of me in the same location and in similar light:

This would look amazing installed in a corner, so that the two photographs are facing each other, creating a dialog between them.

Even though both of these images were created out of "happy" moments in our marriage and daily life, I can't seem to stay away from creating dramatic tension in the photographs. Perhaps it is a way to introduce intrigue and drama into an otherwise copacetic life.

1 comment:

dulcy said...

Love them! I think we need the set (Christmas?).

xo