Sunday, February 14, 2010


First New Image from de Pavones series

So I've been having a hard time trying to find time to work on my most recent images taken in Costa Rica. I finally have one of the images scanned and edited, and I'm working on printing it right now. This one took a lot of work because I had some sort of light leak, but I was able to repair the image.


Anixia y Tatiana


Anixia and Tatiana are a mother and daughter team that run Brisas del Mar, an open air restaurant with ocean view, that serves the best ceviche in the area (or anywhere for that matter). It is located between the two villages of Pavones and Punta Banco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the light in this one, and the fact that she has that apple ear plug hanging from one side. The whole time we were there she acted like she'd rather be somewhere else and that little bit speaks to my impressions.

Jim Mayfield said...

Lily,
From someone who loves a beautiful portrait, I can say you are doing some really nice work. I'm guessing from your comment about a light leak that this one was shot on that cumbersome, but with exquisite detail 4x5?

Lily Mayfield said...

Thanks! Yes this was shot with the 4x5. I think one of the film holders has a leak, but now I have to figure out which one!