Thursday, August 05, 2010

New Images from the Westside

Cubs and Sox Garage

I've been photographing in my neighborhood again this summer. Here's a few new images. I'm shooting these images with film, which really slows down my process in all phases of production. My least favorite part of working with film is spending so many hours removing dust from the scans! That's certainly a HUGE advantage of shooting digitally. But I like what is happening in my process as far as slowing me down while I'm shooting.



Fence with Roses



Hair Studio

I love this scene for many reasons - first as a gardener I admire the lovely aloe plants that are obviously thriving. And as a photographer, I find the window display mostly full of plants quite curious. Its appearance is reminiscent of someone's home and it feels very much like a typical Westside neighborhood shop.


Under the Pink Line Tracks



The Village Well

I finally got around to photographing this building a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I did. This morning I noticed that it was in the process of being demolished.

No comments: