Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Returning the Gaze - Web Archive

I created an online archive of the exhibition I curated last month, Returning the Gaze: Contemporary Portraits by Women Photographers.  The exhibition was on display at Northern Trust Bank from Feb. 28 - April 1, 2011, in conjunction with Women's History Month in March.

I tried to organize the archive to reflect the curation of the works in the gallery space.  Initially, I thought that I would arrange the works alphabetically by artist, but I decided the juxtapositions I created in the gallery space were integral to the experience of viewing the works.

You can view the works by visiting my website lilymayfield.com, then click on "Returning the Gaze Archive".  Click on individual images to view them larger with artist name and title.

Here are screen shots of the thumbnails as seen in the archive:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lily,

Looks great!

BG