Friday, August 07, 2009

Lots of new Photos!

I went out and photographed a couple times this week with a friend. Began working on a project loosely titled West-side - something I've been thinking about for awhile now. I started by just looking at some of the more industrial areas and sites of construction. I do hope to include people in my photographs, but for now the images are just places of visual interest.

Living on the west-side of Chicago is really a completely different experience than living on the north-side, as many young people of my ethnicity and class seem to do. Recently a friend mentioned that we are living in "the real chicago"... an interesting idea to explore.

I've been pretty productive on my first week of summer vacation, I only wish I had more time off!











On a side note, I also spent a lot of time learning Adobe Lightroom this week. I'm pretty impressed with all of the non-destructive editing that can be done, before you even open a file in Photoshop. It has really sped up my process for posting images on the web. Highly recommended!

2 comments:

dulcy said...

Love everything! Especially the portraits!

xo

Anonymous said...

I only wish my shots as sharp.